Spending quality time in nice places is very important for us while traveling. A terrace with good coffee, a restaurant with delicious food can always make the difference especially when you are on vacation.
We enjoyed a few of them during the week spent in Luang Prabang and here are our recommendations:
- Utopia Terrace is the place where you can take an afternoon nap or just chill out on a mattress on a terrace above the Nam Khan River. Every morning you can attend a yoga class at 7.30 AM and although it’s hard to get up early on holiday, believe me, it’s worth it. Just relax and enjoy a wonderful start of the day.
- Indigo Cafe is a rooftop terrace placed in the Night Market of Luang Prabang. From here you can admire one of the most beautiful sunsets. Though it’s a bit expensive, if you need a good Wi-fi and a tasty coffee, Indigo Cafe is the place you are looking for.
- Tamnak Lao Restaurant is a traditional Lao cuisine restaurant and also a place where you can attend a cooking class. The people there are nice and the food is delicious. It is also located just a few meters from the temples of Luang Prabang and the place where the two rivers, Mekong and Nam Khan, meet.
- The Silk Road Cafe is a colorful terrace with hammocks and good coffee. Also, there you can admire and buy silk products woven manually in various locations throughout Laos.
- L’Etranger Books & Tea is another nice cafe where you can chill out, read, have a cup of coffee or a good tea. Every evening they have free movie projections. Downstairs there are handmade products made in Luang Prabang, and upstairs is a painting exhibition of a famous painter in the area. Most paintings show women in different stages of their life or doing different activities.
- Big Boss House is a tavern with a very beautiful story. The name of the place is written in Lao, we do not know how to translate it, but we called it Big Boss House because the person who serves is an 11-12-year-old boy. We went there four times. The food is delicious and very cheap. The boy is the only one who speaks a little bit of English. He is very smart and he takes his work very seriously. He forwards the orders to the kitchen and is also responsible for the bills. He has a little sister who watches cartoons and when he has no orders, he sits next to her and they watch together. During the week he is at school. We also were there when he came from the school in his uniform. He sat at the table, ate something on the run, and then returned to his post. The food is delicious, the people are nice, and we wanted to share with you their story. You can find them here, near Villa Kienkgham.
Note: We recommend in our articles things and places we’ve experienced, and some of them have affiliate links. If you book or buy something after clicking on the links, we get a small commission, but it does not cost you extra money. Thank you for your support!